Return & Exchange Policies
Artworks Purchased Are All Final Sales.
This is due to several factors.
a) Artworks are delicate and client poor handling can set back the mint condition of the artwork.
b) Often important artworks are reserved , until we await payment. After a lapse of important time, we miss many art lovers who would have collected the same from the exhibition / event.
c) Most often artist accounts are linked and payments are immediately processed to them. Thus it becomes non-viable to process returns.
d) Receiving a shipment back has many issues in customs and can take too many paperwork , time and effort and money of the team and its not viable.
e) We cannot process Refunds for color variation, which is unavoidable. The artwork image may vary in color due to individual computer resolution & color settings.
f) It is thus advisable to come and see the physical painting at the gallery or send your representative to the Gallery to check on the work.
However, Gallery Kolkata shall accept returns under the following circumstances:
1. In the unlikely event that any item purchased from GK is subsequently proven to be unauthentic, GK will refund the full purchase price and shipping costs paid by you. This will be handled on a case-to-case basis and require examine-able proof of questionable authenticity to be provided by an established authority.
This guarantee holds for one year from the date of purchase of the original artwork if:
- The actual buyer makes the claim (The benefit of the claim is not assignable to any other person)
- The item is returned in the same condition that it was purchased in.
- The item was indisputably purchased from GK and at the time of sale, there was no technique available which could determine that the item was not authentic.
2. An exchange and not a refund of an artwork, should there be a damage to the artwork while on transit. Thus all shipments should be checked immediately and the gallery should be informed of the work being received in good condition. This needs to be done within the 1-3 days of receiving the shipment.
3. The exchange of work would be done of the work of the same artist , of an equal or higher amount than the one bought.
This exchange would be taken on a case to case basis .
Any Issues regarding the same please write to us at email@example.com mentioning the issue on the Subject line.